Niches online can be a little intimidating, especially finding one right for you! Believe me, I thought I knew what I wanted to target in the beginning. My journey started with changing niches THREE times, felt discouraged, dabbled in a “red ocean” market, and feeling all the work I did was useless. This is a big problem for newbies, so I wrote this to help you focus on building your website “vibe” -purpose- and your “tribe” will follow. People who are passionate about the purpose of their writing, find it easier to keep pushing forward when finding a niche market online.
To Begin, Finding niches you’re passionate about
1. What is the bamboo plant you’re willing to wait 5 years for, just to get a sprout? What are you willing to deal with in your life that you find difficult? Passion happens when you’re too focused to eat, drink, or sleep. Your “I feel unstoppable” moment.
2. What is true about yourself today, that would make your childhood self cry? Remember when you had that innocence in childhood, you understood responsibilities as short chores? You had more free time to express dreams! What were you aspiring to do? For me, I enjoyed tape recording conversations with my sister, and we turned them into our own “radio show”. I loved making collages, dressing up in costumes, and acting as a business woman with 5 businesses. I don’t do that anymore.
Introspect even deeper
3. What makes you forget to eat and poop? You need to find something that makes you forget what time it is. What can you get involved in for hours on end?
4. How can you better embarrass yourself? I interpreted this as fears. Do things that make you feel uncomfortable. I realized that doing those things would not kill me. Embarrassment is not threatening, unless you allow it to be.
5. How are you going to save the world? Think of a problem people have today, and find a solution for them.
The Remote Beauty
6. If you HAD to leave the house all day, every day, where would go and what would you do?
I really enjoy the ability to work from anywhere, so I decided to take my work many different places.
(Pretty much anywhere with WI-FI!)
Personal purpose in the niche market online
7. If you KNEW you were going to die a year from TODAY, What would you do and how would you want to be remembered?
Fear is a true response for new endeavors, where it feels like a red light but it’s a green light, so don’t let it hold you back. You can create your own real estate -finding niches online-, adding your own flare, and attracting people to your “home”. You find passion in yourself when you’re willing to take the time for introspection. Words will flow into valuable content when you are excited about solutions you have found. You want to share the value with others, so that is when you make content around that problem or solution. Action is highly rewarded, so don’t get stuck in hours and hours of research. Ask yourself questions.
Cheers to introspection,